I mentioned in today’s post “The List.” I’ve found that those darn new year resolutions that I always make never seem to stick around much longer than January. So this year I decided to make a list. Here is the post I made on my old blog about “The List.”
Last night, I was mentally creating a list of all the things I wanted to get done over my holiday vacation. Of course it’s way too long to get everything done over the 5 days I have to do it, but I got to thinking. This year, instead of creating New Years Resolutions (which are rarely successful anyway) I decided to create a list. Not a bucket list… although I would love to give that a go sometime 🙂 My list… aptly titled “The List-2012” is a list of things I would like to get done in the next year.
Now, I have cheated a little in that I am starting on December 27th, but I am really digging the concept of the list. It allows me to cross things off as I complete a task, which will give a sense of satisfaction of actually completing something I set out to do. My hope is that each task on the list will better our lives in someway. So far the list has 34 items, having already grown from 27! But, I think this will be a valuable part of the list. Some items are once and done things… i.e. #30- Have snow blower repaired. While some items will need to occur several times throughout the year… i.e. #8- Clean out Avery’s closet and donate old clothes. And as I think of more things (or come across new ideas on Pinterest) I can always add to the list.
Below is my list as of December 27th.. as I accomplish tasks or create anything interesting I will post on here. Boy- mission dinner is really evolving into a whole new kind of blog! Ha ha! But, I will continue to post new recipes as well because #24- Create an idea base of Once a Month Cooking recipes, make and freeze meals, will force me to focus on my ongoing struggle with cooking dinner each night 🙂
Many blessings in the new year! Ciao!
The List- 2012
1. Create a car emergency box Completed 1/21/12
2. Create a car fun box for Avery Completed 1/14/12
3. Knit leg warmers for Avery
4. Create an emergency kit for the house Work in progress, started 1/2012
5. Create 72 hour packs for each person Work in progress, started 1/2012
6. Purge Avery’s old toys and donate
7. Purge Avery’s old bath toys Completed 1/15/2012
8. Clean out Avery’s closet and dresser Completed 1/2012, but will be happening each season… at least!
9. Donate old Avery’s old clothing
10. Clean out our closets and donate old clothing
11. Clean out and organize basement
12. Create a “stock pile” of food in basement
13. Make dry-erase frame (from pinterest) Competed 1/2012
14. Make activity bags for Avery (from pinterest) Work in progress, started 1/2012
15. Make felt board and activities for Avery (from pinterest) Work in progress, started 1/2012
16. Create art project for Avery’s room (fingerpainted canvases) Completed 1/2012
17. Make magnet dolls for Avery (from pinterest) Completed 1/2012… but wait until you see the post on this! Ha!
18. Make phonics box for Avery (from pinterest)
19. Make name games/letter rec. activities for Avery (from pinterest) Work in progress, almost completed 1/2012
20.Purge candles/candle holders (sell on Craigslist/E-classifieds)
21. Ebay- Sean’s collectibles
22.Clean out/donate book collection
23.Make a usable control journal
24.Create an idea base of Once a Month Cooking recipes, make and freeze meals
25.Paint Avery’s bathroom
26.Repaint upstairs hall
27.Repaint family room/play room
28.Finish painting touch-ups in master bath and hall
29.Shampoo carpets (or have them professionally cleaned)
30.Have snowblower repaired Picked up on 1/24/12 for repair!
31. Have chimney professionally cleaned
32.Purchase outdoor storage unit for Avery’s toys Completed 1/2012
33.Add shelving to garage to optimize storage
34.Make Avery’s baby book and a scrap book for each year… Avery’s first year, 2nd year, etc. Work in progress, started 1/2012