Original post September 25, 2011
This was super simple, and super delicious. I found both of these recipes in a Weight Watchers recipe magazine that I paid way too much for while waiting to check out at the grocery store about a year ago. This is the first time I made anything out of this $10.99 magazine! And it was awesome… picky husband enjoyed it, even with the spinach mixed into the rice. On top of being picky with what he will eat, he also does not eat anything mixed together. I joke that he likes peanut butter and he likes jelly, but God forbid you give him a PBJ sandwich! I was proud of him for being willing to give it a try and much to his own amazement, he actually enjoyed it! Recipes below…
1.5 pounds chicken breast tenders (I only used a pound)
1/2 tsp grated fresh lemon rind
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp EVOO
1 garlic clove, minced (I love garlic, so I used 4!)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1. Heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
2. While chicken cooks, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Pour lemon juice mixture over chicken; cover and let stand 4 minutes.
Yield 4 servings (approx. 3 tenders per serving) 220 calories/serving
Fresh Spinach Rice
1 package precooked whole-grain brown rice (I used Uncle Ben’s… the 90 second microwave kind)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced (I, of course, used 4)
2 cups packed fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1. Microwave rice according to directions. Set aside and keep warm.
2. While the rice cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over med heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Place spinach in a medium bowl. Add cooked rice, onion mixture, and salt. Fluff with a fork until spinach wilts.
Yield 4 servings (3/4 cup) 130 calories/serving
From Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes, 2010.