This week my daughter and I created an art piece to hang in her bedroom. We got an 18×24 canvas at A.C. Moore. It was $14.99 but we had a 50% off one item coupon. Love me some deals. Here are the steps to recreate the project for yourself. I can’t take the credit for the idea since I found it on this blog http://attackofthetwins.blogspot.com/. But, we did it a little differently.
1. Get a painting canvas or a large piece of poster board.
2. Using ruler, set your frame for where the letters will be. I centered a block for my daughter’s name, measuring up about 4 inches from the top and bottom and placing a strip of painters tape to set the frame.
3. Cut painters tape to outline your child’s name.
4. Select your palate of paint colors and put each color on a paper plate. I have to do this because my daughter just likes to mix all the colors together and it turns out really ugly! I limited her to paint colors that would work with her bedroom colors. Tones that were too bright were lightened with white finger paint, which I found at AC Moore as well.
5. Let your child have at it, making sure the canvas is entire covered.